Ever since I became a mom at a young age I have taken on a role of someone to confide in for young boys and girls on the topic of teen pregnancy. This is not something I had planned on or something I have advertised for, it is just something that has happened. You would be surprised by the number of people that come to me with pregnancy scares or advice. But I want to add that I always keep it confidential. If someone comes to me, I don't go and tell anyone. I am glad that I can be that person that they can talk to. I love being able to help them because I was in that same situation. I know how scared they are. I know what their thoughts are and I had no one to go to. But at the same time it is hard for me. Every time someone comes to me thinking that they might be pregnant or that they are scared they got someone pregnant I literally get sick to my stomach. I want to cry every time. I hate the thought that they might end up going through what I went through. It especially bothers me when it is close friends of mine. It makes me so angry that they have seen what I went through and that they haven't learned from it. I am more scared than them because I know what they would go through if they actually were pregnant. I want to be here to set an example to not end up like me. Trust me, it's not worth it. You may think in that moment that it is, but when you think you might be pregnant you are regretting it and want to take it all back. But by then it is too late. I am more than happy to talk to anyone that has questions or wants advice. I just wish I could be having a different conversation with every kid about preventing teen pregnancy, instead of the conversation of I think I might be pregnant. All of these kids are just teaching me that I need to be more pro-active about teen pregnancy prevention. It is my goal to one day be reaching out to a bigger audience of kids to show them what they don't want for their future.
Yesterday I was looking on my Timehop and a blog popped up that I shared a year ago (I didn't write it). It was titled "Why I get to hate you." https://noonetellsthetruth.wordpress.com/2015/02/14/why-i-get-to-hate-you/ All of the points in the article were spot on. But the article also made me realize that I am the lucky one. 1) I got to witness all of the firsts. From rolling over to walking, riding a bike, talking, the list goes on and on. Those firsts brought so much joy to me. Mason was actually walking for a month before you ever knew. The only reason you found out was because I finally told you. As a parent you are so proud of your child, I would never want to miss that! 2) When Mason is sad, hurt, or sick who does he call for? Not you. He wants me, or even sometimes he wants his Grandma or Aunt Bree. We have been his caretakers his whole life. We give him comfort, you don't fit in in that category. 3) I am the one who is...

Comments
Post a Comment