Skip to main content

My AMAZING Hair Secret

If you are like me you can never find time to schedule a haircut.  I have always had bad split ends ever since I can remember.  I usually need a haircut about every 6 weeks because of my terrible ends.  I now haven't gotten a haircut since December!  It is all because I finally decided to try coconut oil.  I purchased the coconut oil one night because my ends were getting bad, but I of course couldn't find time to get a haircut. I discovered that coconut oil does wonders!  I melt the oil but running hot water over the jar. I then apply it all over my hair and let it set for about an hour.  After the coconut oil sets in I wash it out in the shower.  It is that simple.  I only do it when my ends start to get bad.  It honestly keeps my ends looking better longer than a haircut does. I never would have imagined that I could go this long without a haircut! Thank goodness for coconut oil!


(Pictured below is my hair after I applied the coconut oil and the coconut oil that I use.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am the Lucky One

Yesterday I was looking on my Timehop and a blog popped up that I shared a year ago (I didn't write it).  It was titled "Why I get to hate you." https://noonetellsthetruth.wordpress.com/2015/02/14/why-i-get-to-hate-you/  All of the points in the article were spot on.  But the article also made me realize that I am the lucky one. 1) I got to witness all of the firsts. From rolling over to walking, riding a bike, talking, the list goes on and on.  Those firsts brought so much joy to me.  Mason was actually walking for a month before you ever knew. The only reason you found out was because I finally told you.  As a parent you are so proud of your child, I would never want to miss that! 2) When Mason is sad, hurt, or sick who does he call for?  Not you.  He wants me, or even sometimes he wants his Grandma or Aunt Bree. We have been his caretakers his whole life.  We give him comfort, you don't fit in in that category. 3) I am the one who is...

That Thing Called "Co-Parenting"

Co-parenting.....oh the joys!   This has been a hot topic on my Facebook newsfeed lately.  I think anyone that has to co-parent doesn't enjoy it.  It can be very difficult and a huge struggle.  Some people are great at it and I envy those people.  Some people wish they could parent alone instead of having to co-parent and I have been right there with you.  Over the past almost five years my co-parenting style has definitely evolved.  Right now it is somewhat non-existent and that is just the way I like it. I have decided that Mason's father can choose how much involvement he wants in Mason's life but I am not going to go out of my way to force it on him.  The door is always open to call Mason whenever he wants and to come to Mason's activities.  Even though that door is open.....he rarely uses it.  I inform him of the things that I am legally required to notify him about and he will text me randomly every once in awhile to see how Maso...

Become a Partner in Hope

Today is February 4th, which also happens to be World Cancer Day.  In honor of World Cancer Day, the radio station I listen to everyday at work had many cancer survivors, and parents of cancer patients tell their stories.  Every time a parent or a child told their story, I was almost in tears.  In every story they all said "I never thought it would happen to me."  It is so true, no one ever thinks it is going to happen to them.  I couldn't even begin to imagine if I was told that my son has cancer.  I don't want to even think about it.  After hearing all of these stories I decided I wanted to do something to help.  So I went on to stjude.org and became a partner in hope.  I signed up to donate to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital monthly.  It comes straight out of your credit card or bank account.  You can choose the dollar amount to donate per month.  Any amount helps so much.  It is so easy to do and I hope others wi...